Monday, October 3, 2011

Roasted Tomatoes

One of my patients shared this with me, it's absolutely delicious and easy to make.

Tomatoes of any variety, quartered ( I used about 10 lbs.)
Peppers of all colors, green,red,yellow,orange
Portebello mushrooms
Minced onion { I used 3 vidalia)
Minced garlic cloves ( I used 5)
Fresh herbs, such as basil,thyme,rosemary, oregano
Any other fresh vegetable you want to throw in ( I added about a bag of baby carrots for some sweetness)
Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

Cut up all vegies into chunks, mix in a roasting pan with seasonings, drizzle with olive oil.
Roast in a 250* oven for at least 12 hours, I did 15 hours.  Stir at least twice.
Will make a very chuncky thick sauce.  I used a hand blender to puree a little as the carrots were still a little hard.
Put in freezer bags and enjoy fresh tomato sauce all winter. 
Not much work for a lot of flavor!

Thanks A., you know who you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment